Todd represents clients on a wide range of environmental, administrative, land use, energy and natural resource matters. Todd represents clients in all aspects of environmental and land development approvals, as well as regulatory compliance, enforcement, transactional due diligence matters for residential, commercial, industrial projects, energy and infrastructure development.
Areas of Concentration
- Environmental permitting, compliance and enforcement
- Real estate acquisition and due diligence investigations
- Administrative rulemaking, licensing and permit challenges
- Land use and zoning
- Imperiled species including federal and state listed species
- Coastal and marine development regulation and permitting
- State lands and sovereignty submerged lands
- Representation before the Governor and Cabinet
- Energy and infrastructure development
- Water use and stormwater management regulation
- Wetlands regulation and permitting
- Archaeological sites/cultural resources
- Represented marina developer seeking to protect and enhance project entitlements for upland cut facility located in Naples, Florida.
- Represented developer of significant oceanfront condominium project located in Sunny Isles Beach, seeking various regulatory permit approvals.
- Represented developer of commercial shopping property located in Lee County involving various environmental permit approvals from federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Served as state regulatory counsel for significant onshore oil field production facilities in northwest Florida, involving surety bond compliance with regard to state drilling leases.
- Represented leading global manufacturer of bird/bat radar systems used in conducting baseline avian utilization assessments and minimizing bird/bat-aircraft strikes for prospective wind energy development areas, commercial/military airport facilities and resource extraction industries within the U.S. and abroad.
- Represented wind energy developer seeking to construct first utility-scale wind farm in Florida.
- Represented developer with permit compliance/enforcement action and securing after-the-fact permit authorization for oceanfront development in Ormond Beach, Florida.
- Represented marina developer in securing state proprietary authorization and legislative extension of marina permits for facility located in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Represented developer in securing and maintaining compliance with several federal and state wildlife permits for significant mixed use development project located in Marion County, Florida.
- Member of the team that represented MAT Concessionaire, LLC and its sponsors, Meridiam Infrastructure Fund and Bouygues Travaux Publics, S.A., in the Port of Miami Tunnel project, one of the first greenfield public-private partnerships in the United States.
- Represented developer in obtaining state and federal environmental permits and state proprietary approvals for construction of 101 slip commercial marina facility in Pensacola Beach, Florida.
- Represented lender in connection with multi-million dollar proposed mixed-use marina facility located in the Florida Keys.
- Represented beachfront restaurant/hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida in avoiding enforecement action for unauthorized seaward construction following hurricane event and secured isuance of after-the-fact Coastal Construction Control Line permits.
- Represented developer in defense against third party challenge of permits issued for resort hotel in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Represented developer of 600,000 square foot regional warehouse distribution center in Miramar, Florida including significant federal, state and local environmental permits.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Greenberg Traurig, P.A., 1995-2012
- Director, Northwest Florida Marine Industries Association, 2009-2011
- Vice President, Northwest Florida Marine Industries Association, 2011-2012
- President, Northwest Florida Marine Industries Association, 2012-2014
- Chair, Boys and Girls Clubs of the Big Bend, Board of Directors, 2013-2015
- Member, Economic Club of Florida, 2012-Present
- Member, Florida Association of Environmental Professionals, 2012-Present
- Member, Marine Industries Association of Florida Legislative Committee, 2011-Present
- Member, Boys and Girls Clubs of the Big Bend, Board of Directors, 2011-Present
- Member, Volusia County Association for Responsible Development, 2002-Present
- Member, Environmental and Land Use Law Section, The Florida Bar, 1995-Present
- Member, Administrative Law Section, The Florida Bar, 1995-Present
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, 1995-Present
- Member, Big Bend Saltwater Classic, Board of Directors, 1997-1999
- L.L.M., Ocean and Coastal Law, University of Miami School of Law, 1995
- J.D., cum laude, University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law, 1994
- B.S., Biology, Florida State University, 1989
Admitted to Practice