Sumner Law Offices was established by Todd Sumner. Mr. Sumner has been representing clients throughout the State of Florida for over 20 years.
Sumner Law Offices maintains a statewide practice and focuses on a wide array of environmental, administrative, land use, energy and natural resource matters. We provide governmental affairs counsel for our clients in all aspects of environmental and land development permitting, as well as regulatory compliance, enforcement and transactional due diligence matters for residential, commercial, industrial projects, energy and infrastructure development projects.
Project siting and development within Florida, notwithstanding the type of project, is often not a simple undertaking. Understanding the myriad of complex governmental regulatory programs that come into play and having close working relationships with pertinent regulatory officials will be key to securing a successful outcome. Whether it is handling state approvals for a high-rise condominium/hotel tower project or federal authorizations for an offshore artificial reef site, Sumner Law Offices knows how to help clients realize their vision for a successful project drawn from our experience and novel project development strategies.
Some of Mr. Sumner's representations have included:
- Serving as Senior Assistant General Counsel of Regulatory and Legislative Affairs for the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- Representation of developer of upland cut marina facility located in Collier County involving state and federal permitting as well as sovereignty submerged lands easement approvals.
- Southeast Florida coastal developer for re-entitling property including legislative permit extensions and variance for state/local development permits.
- A developer of new luxurious oceanfront residential tower located in Miami-Dade County involving various regulatory aprovals from the state and local governmental agencies.
- Represented developer of commercial shopping property located in Lee County involving various environmental permit approvals from federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Regulatory counsel for organization coordinating the planning and deployment of artifical reef sites offshore from northwest Florida coastal counties.
- Served as state regulatory counsel for significant onshore oil field production facilities in northwest Florida, involving surety bond compliance with regard to state drilling leases.
- Represented leading global manufacturer of bird/bat radar systems used in conducting baseline avian utilization assessments and minimizing bird/bat-aircraft strikes for prospective wind energy development areas, commercial/military airport facilities and resource extraction industries within the U.S. and abroad.
- Represented wind energy developer seeking to construct first utility-scale wind farm in Florida.
- Represented marina developer in securing state proprietary authorization and legislative extension of marina permits for facility located in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Represented developer in securing and maintaining compliance with several federal and state wildlife permits for significant mixed-use development project located in Marion County, Florida.
- Represented developer in obtaining state and federal environmental permits and state proprietary approvals for construction of 101 slip commercial marina facility in Pensacola Beach, Florida.